Re: [NTLK] eMate overclocked

From: Ed Kummel <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Jun 11 2009 - 16:18:50 EDT

While not with an eMate, I do experience the same issues with my MP2100 Accelerated.
Randomly, my 2100 will just decide to not see the PC card slots. Sometimes it's just one slot (randomly chosen) or sometimes it's both. Since the Newton I'm currently using doesn't have a switch to switch back and forth between accelerated and normal, the only thing I found that works is to turn off the newt, remove the batteries and memory cards and let it sit for a few hours...sometimes I can speed up the process by holding in the reset button while holding the power button. (this will accelerate the leakdown of the supercap).
After this, the Newt is fine.
Ed
web/gadget guru
By Richard Feynman, Physicist, Nobel winner (1918-1988)

"There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number. But it's only a hundred billion. It's less than the national deficit! We used to call them astronomical numbers. Now we should call them economical numbers."