Re: [NTLK] [OT] New iPhones/iPhone OS 3.0

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Sat Jun 13 2009 - 17:26:20 EDT

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 8:45 PM, Steven Scotten<splicer@paroxysm.com> wrote:
> Can you expand on that? What makes Find or Assist "intelligent" in a
> way that isn't also in a Palm device or an iPhone? Find is handy of
> course, but Search is handy on the Palm as well. I never found much
> intelligence in Assist. I never typed anything in that it could
> recognize, with the exception of the eight or so items that it
> provided as prefills.

I dunno. I frequently used "call so-and-so" and tapped "Assist" and
got the Call slip, with the name and phone number already entered.
Check the the "Log call" button, and it opens the Calls app, with all
the contanct's info filled in. Now, call, and it dials the number for
you, and starts the call timer. Write your notes, finsh the call, hang
up, and tap hang up, and it's done. Now, you can also jump to the
contact's address book record. Is that not intelligence? :-) And that
is only a fragment of what the Newton is capable of.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland