Re: [NTLK] OT iPhone => (Formerly: newtontalk Digest V9 #256)

From: Tony Kan <tonykan_at_xtra.co.nz>
Date: Mon Jun 15 2009 - 22:58:42 EDT

Hi Dennis

I suppose the phrase "do a heck of a lot more" is also worthy of discussion.

On my Newton, I plan sales campaigns, take down notes on industries, groupings,
potential target acquisitions and potential buyers, set up to-do lists, log
calls, note taking during meetings and the desktop is relegated to accounting
and despatching/receiving documents in MS Office or PDF format.

All told I'm probably getting about 4-5 hours of continuous usage from my Newton
during an average work day.

Outside of work, I probably get another 6-8 hours of bible study work done on it
a week, filling out bible study questionnaires, taking down random notes from
various study resources etc.

That totals around 26-33 hours of serious usage each week.

To be sure when I look at the activity that I do on the Newton, it is quite
narrow (sales management and note taking) then perhaps what you are doing on the
iPhone, how does it compare based on time being engaged on serious productive
work?

Cheers

Tony

[snip]

I can do a heck of a lot more on my iPhone than I ever could on my
Newton(s).

[snip]