Re: [NTLK] OT iPhone => (Formerly: newtontalk Digest V9 #256)

From: Riccardo Mori <rick_at_poc.it>
Date: Tue Jun 16 2009 - 11:55:34 EDT

> I'll admit that the reason I stopped using the Newton years ago was
> the
> fact that it was so big and in many ways cumbersome. I switched to the
> Palm line. I went with the iPhone 2 years ago so that I could just
> carry
> one device.

This has been a very intriguing discussion, and not knowing exactly
how/where to jump in, I'm replying to this message by Dennis.

I don't really understand all the animosity against the iPhone. Apart
from personal preferences, habits, and ways of using all these
devices, one thing seems clear to me: the iPhone and the Newton
complement each other. iPhone is strong where the Newton is weak
(above all: Wireless connectivity and ease of network setup; size;
tech specs; audio/video; phone capabilities), and the Newton still has
strong points over the iPhone (handwriting recognition, and all
handwriting-related capabilities and possibilities -- taking notes and
even doodling is quite pleasant on the big screen of the MP2000 and
2100).

So I use both, why not? The iPhone fits in my shirt pocket; the Newton
in my bag / small backpack. The two get along very well and both fit
even better in my workflow, where I can take advantage of the best of
both worlds.

Cheers
Rick

System Folder - The Platinum Days