Re: [NTLK] i-Poll

From: Grant Hutchinson <grant_at_splorp.com>
Date: Sat Jun 20 2009 - 11:23:25 EDT

On Jun 19, 2009, at 2:34 PM, Andy Hill wrote:

> What if...the iPhone users became or are the dominant race, took
> over (a
> coup!) and wiped the rest of us out, for example by passing a statute
> that no Newton related conversations were allowed on Newtontalk.

Ah, but this could never happen as I - the list dad - can control the
topic flow. I haven't attempted to control the topics up until now
(except for a few reminders now and then) because, for the most part,
the list is self-regulating. Personally, I can see a reason for Newton
and iPhone discussions to exist together, but ... as Stefan pointed
out ... the name of the list is "NewtonTalk".

I don't want to restrict off-topic discussions, as they are a healthy
off-shoot of the primary theme of the list. However, if people have a
propensity to chat about the iPhone (or politics ... or Mac vs
Windows ... or ...), then I would suggest that they find additional
(and more specific) venues for those discussions. You'll always be
welcome at NewtonTalk, but we do need to have to some topical
guidelines.

That being said, I do appreciate you broaching the subject. It is
completely on-topic, as it pertaining directly to the content of the
list.

g.

Grant Hutchinson
NewtonTalk List Dad & Web Custodian