Re: [NTLK] [OT] It's MS-DOS 6.22 day!

From: Abraham Limpo <abraham_at_familialimpo.net>
Date: Tue Jun 23 2009 - 14:34:42 EDT

I was holding myself because this is a very OT thread, but I would like to
break a lance in favour of microsoft, as everyone that has voiced his
opinion was rather... negative.
Although Microsoft has become almost a monopoly, the thruth is that thanks
to microsoft the PC market is as thriving as it is. By licencing the
Operating System to clone manufacturers, we avoided precisely what happened
with the Commodore Amiga, the Atari ST or the Apple Macintosh, -or the
newton- and that is to tie the software to the hardware.

That way even if IBM stops making PC, Dell or another company will be
manufacturing it, as long as a software company provides the necessary
software.

The computer market would be rather different if Microsoft wasn't here.

2cts by
Abraham Limpo Martinez