[NTLK] [OT] OS9 web browsers

From: <Reilly001os_at_aol.com>
Date: Sun Jun 28 2009 - 15:57:37 EDT

I know a lot of you use classic for sync/backup of your newts but I'm not sure if anyone does more work/web browsing/games/etc from classic? If you "live" in classic then you may be interested in the new classilla web browser (classilla.org). If comes out July 1 and is based on the old wamcom browser. I just heard about it from the lowendmac OS9 email list and thought it might be of interest to newttalkers on classic (I know I'd use classic more if it had a better web browser). I have no association with the author and as its not available yet I haven't tried it but I'm interested to see how it stacks up to the old faithful iCab. The talk is that it'll work on OS8.6-9.2.2 and possibly 8.5. I believe its all open source and free.

Joe Reilly