Re: [NTLK] Newton in the News

From: Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Thu Mar 05 2009 - 23:25:08 EST

The Palm Pre looks like a very interesting device because it is more "business" oriented like the Newton. However, when compared to the iPhone, it's touch technology is not as good (there is a big difference between true multi-touch and just touch).

Of course from what I have seen there are a few things it does better, like multiple applications open at one time, with the ability to scroll from one to another.

However, it is thick and has that slider keyboard that I dislike: just another thing to "move" before you text, etc., although it might have a Soft Keyboard... not sure, but that slider adds weight and size.

Apple is also going to be releasing another iPhone refresh in the summer or later this year and I am sure it will be great. Nothing to worry about here.

What I would like to see with the new iPhone is a thinner design, a bit better battery life, and better multi-tasking. But Apple really has a winner with the iPhone, they just need to ramp up the software now, because others are starting to catch up like Palm, Sony and Nokia... all releasing some multi-touch variant phones this year.