Re: [NTLK] RECEIVED SOME STRANGE MAIL

From: Dennis B. Swaney <romad_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed Mar 11 2009 - 19:42:39 EDT

Ryan Vetter wrote:
> To the list:
>
> I have reported Knowledge Navigator to the List Mod (Grant). To everyone else, Knowledge Navigator plugged his site on Newton Knowledge and was told to not post links to commercial sites or post anything at all on Newton Knowledge. Unfortunately, I found a plug to his site on a redundant page he created, and for the record, Navigator, Newton Knowledge is not affiliated with NTLK. I am still not going to make strict rules and check every user who wants to add, delete or create articles because of this... I feel Navigator is but the only person in the Newton community who would do something like this.
>
> So let's hope this quickly passes and Navigator goes back into the Newton ether.
>
> All the best.
>
> Thank you,

I don't know what your personal beef with him is, but I've had very
satisfactory dealings with him. I only see 1 small informatory message a
month. We currently have someone trying to sell a Newton here for what I
feel is a very high price and has posted MORE than 1 message about it so
based on your "rule" shouldn't that person be reported? However, I don't
recall any rules that said items for sale could not posted so, while I'm
not interested, I hope he is successful in selling it.

We need ALL the Newton vendors out there. So please chill out, there are
more important things to worry about then one measly post per month.

--
Sincerely,
Dennis B. Swaney