Re: [NTLK] Wifi Cards and Browsers

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Mar 16 2009 - 22:52:35 EDT

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 10:10 PM, Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants@yahoo.ca>wrote:
> But getting the card is only going 50% of the way to getting them
> functioning inside your Newton or PowerBook. You will also need a cable
> antenna - older iBooks and PowerBooks' airport antennas work.
>
> The trick is to fit the antennas inside the Newton.

Hey Ryan,
Great leg work here on the subject.I actually just took apart a Pismo LCD
which I had left over which had a cracked LCD.
Scavenged the hinges and also saved the Airport Antenna. If anyone is
interested within the Cont. US contact me. I'm willing to let go of it as I
will not have the time to do this hack for awhile.
I don't recall if it was discussed but likely it may have been. You will
need to remove the inside coating of the case to allow the antenna to
receive a decent signal. The Pismo's LCD frame did not have the coating
internally where the antenna was installed. This coating is like
a metallic coating to shield the Newton from broadcasting EMF or whatever
you call it which would interfere with electronic equipment.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung