Re: [NTLK] OMP and MP 100 Backlight?

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Mar 24 2009 - 00:38:18 EDT

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 11:55 PM, Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants@yahoo.ca>wrote:
> Since I have become enamored with the MP 100, I wish it had a backlight.
> When I went a played with the Sony eReader, and noticed its backlight, I
> thought that a similar approach could be taken to the MP 100 to sort of
> retrofit it with a backlight. I wonder if anyone has hacked their OMPs,
> 100s or 110s to have a backlight or if you have any advice for me.

Hey Ryan,
One example of a third party back light would be the Harris SuperTech 2000.
This was based on an MP120 with a backlight.
The Backlight was powered by an installation that was located in the Stylus
Silo area IIRC.
In anycase that's about all I know about it and that it may be possible to
try to retro fit something into the MP100, but there really is not much
room.
Maybe Frank and chime in on this.....???

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung