Re: [NTLK] MP 130 Backlight

From: Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Mon Mar 30 2009 - 21:57:07 EDT

Hi Andrew:

I tried calling you...

So you are the one that won the boxed, new 130 from Ebay! The only reason I did not bid on that is because I forgot, and Ebay does not offer SMS reminders to Canadians...

You indeed hold down the power button (once the unit is on), and the backlight should come on - I assume you have already figured out the touchy contrast slider on the side. Try plugging it in as well to see if that gets the backlight on. Other than that, maybe the backlight is not working any longer, which means you will have to open it up and investigate.

I am sure it will work out and please keep us posted. Another note... once in a while items from Ebay show up with something wrong, and the Seller does not state it. My 130 has the jaggies, and was advertised as mint... sigh.

Let us know what you come up with.

Ryan