Re: [NTLK] Weird problem with my own postings to this list

From: Grant Hutchinson <grant_at_splorp.com>
Date: Mon May 11 2009 - 17:03:06 EDT

On May 10, 2009, at 8:58 PM, Alex Wenzel wrote:

> Is the list set to not send your own postings to yourself? That's the
> only reason I can possibly come up with ATM. However, there might be a
> Gmail-specific reason, that I can't figure out.

The Ecartis mailing list software does not filter the originating
email address in any way ... unless that address is not currently a
member of the list. I will confirm that the behaviour that you are
seeing is definitely on the client (or mail service) side of things.

On May 11, 2009, at 8:59 AM, Dennis B. Swaney wrote:

> Regarding the [NTLK], the list software adds it I believe so if you
> put
> it in manually then there would be the possibility of your messages
> starting with [NTLK] [NTLK]. However, the list mom could tell you more
> than I can.

Depending on the client sending the email (and the subsequent message
encoding) the list software will either strip the duplicate [NTLK]
from the subject prior to sending it to the list, or it will stay
where it is. The only bracketed prefix that should be added to message
subjects are things such as: [OT], [ANN], [FS], etc.

g.

Grant Hutchinson
NewtonTalk List Dad & Web Custodian

http://splorp.com/newton