Re: [NTLK] Linux PDA Similar to Newton

From: Dale Raby <daleraby_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed May 20 2009 - 07:52:11 EDT

> That's not even remotely similar to a Newton - it looks like a cross between  a Palm and smart"phones". It doesn't have the Apple elegance. And Linux is an obsolete OS because its influence comes from a 1970s OS

Linu? Obsolete? Uh.... not quite, its under heavy development and
has been for a long time... and what the HE double hockey sticks is
Apple elegance? Perhaps dumping useful projects just because you
don't like the original project head? Is that what it is?

In any case, I'd say the hardware is very similar to a Newton in
appearance... perhaps a "road not taken" by Newton developers as it
seems to have many features that would have been logical developments
of the original Newton Message Pad.

As the device is still under development and nothing is mentioned
about handwriting recognition, its difficult to make comparisons. It
is, however, quite interesting. Someday all our Newtons will die...
all good things and all... and we'll have to look elsewhere... most
certainly not to an OS that truly will be obsolete by then; the Newton
OS, for example.

Dale the Ornery Old Goat