Re: [NTLK] Avi Backdrop images

From: Tony Morrow <gizmo1482_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat May 23 2009 - 10:28:28 EDT

On May 22, 2009, at 11:31 PM, Phil Muller wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I have gone through the list archives and any tutorial I could find
> and still can't get one created, sigh. I am sure I have followed all
> the directions as carefully as I could, well on the one remaining
> tutorial I could find online. The image I created was at 388 x 256,
> grayscale with 4bits/pixel. These images would not load into Newton
> Press, no matter how many times or combo's I tried. Any advice would
> be greatly appreciated.
>
> Phil Muller
> Electronics Enthusiast
> Proud Canadian
> Newton Crazy

The easiest way I found to get images into AVI's backdrop was to use
a combination of Newtscape and Newtworks.

1. Format the picture for your Newton (which you've already done).
2. Create a webpage that has your picture and put everything on a
website your newton can access.
3. Use Newtscape to navigate to the page.
4. Save the page to Newtworks.
5. Select the picture and copy to your clipboard.
6. Close Newtworks and open AVI's preferences
7. Drag the picture from the clipboard to the preference pane.

The picture should appear immediately. With Newtscape you can use
images saved as GIFs as well.