Re: [NTLK] OT: Downgrade OS 9.2.1 - OS 9.1

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Sun May 24 2009 - 02:03:47 EDT

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 12:20 AM, Don Zahniser
<dzahniser@rochester.rr.com> wrote:
> The big potential 'gotcha' is that all of the needed components to
> revert to 9.1 may not be available (i.e. - a component that didn't
> need to be upgraded for 9.1, but was upgraded for 9.2.1, and is
> incompatible with your computer).  You may want to start with just
> the 'System' suitcase, and see what happens.

The two most important files will be the System suitcase and the
Finder. If the 2400 predates System 9 (which it does), then you
shouldn't need system enablers. They should be built into the system
file. You may need some other things changed, too. If you can extract
the updater, and these two files are there, I would drop all the parts
onto the System folder (booted from a CD, unfortunately) and let them
get put away, and replace what they must, and boot and see.

I do have my original restore and system disks for my Pismo. If you
would like, I can try creating a disk image and putting it on my iDisk
for you--but that will likely take me a couple days to do. Let me know
if you want something like this--it's 9.0.4

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland