Re: [NTLK] Avi Backdrop images

From: Phil Muller <wndrstrck_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue May 26 2009 - 07:06:30 EDT

I really like choices you made for Escher backgrounds RA Parker. I have gone
back and forth on the use of background images. I mean if your using your
device, pda(any type), pc, or mac, and being productive or just plain
engaged in some program, how much of the background do you see on a given
day?
On another note, when I studied Copyright Law & Intellectual Property,
personal use was still quite a gray area. If I remember correctly, fair use
comes into play if you only plan on using something for your own personal
enjoyment and not gain from it in any manner. That includes notoriety of
course, so distribution is out of the question I would imagine. I am using a
superb Star Wars poster that collages most of the characters together like a
group photo, including a small Lucas bust. Most excellent!

I use Newton Press 1.1 on Windows XP running on a Cyrix chip @600mhz with
512mb of ram, and it runs like a dream. That goes the same for NCU as well,
port running at 38400 baud? I am converting all me ereader ebooks at the
moment, and some old Microsoft lit stuff as well, man I love formatting
books.LOL

Check it out on flickr, and tell me what you think.

Original Image -
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3313/3565777013_712556599b_o.jpg

Newton Version -
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3307/3565783093_0b1714a8ba_o.jpg