Re: [NTLK] [OT?] Newtontalk items

From: <Reilly001os_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed May 27 2009 - 01:13:51 EDT

Grant,
Cafe press was just the example that came to mind, I've seen at least one other site offering services like them but I can't remember their name but I can dig through my bookmarks to see if I can find it if you'd like to check them out? (the site had some cool shirts created by fans of the Firefly series). As to quality, I can't comment as I've never bought anything from any site with that type of service.
My 2 cents on color/design:
I like the idea of black, dark green or grey shirts. I don't really like the idea of an apple company logo. Since the newt has been kept alive and more recently saved by the community not apple* I'd just like to represent NewtonTalk and everyone in this great community..... I think one of the designs should include at least a small "inside joke" reference to the newt cheating its 2010 death.
Just my 2 cents though.

*please note that I'm still sore at apple not only for the lack of a real newt successor but also for killing off all G3 support in 10.5. My Ibook is ONLY 7.5 years old and still works great :-) except that pesky 10.5 issue. Flashy graphics isn't required for good system software ( example: System 6). Little OT but thanks for listening :-D

Joe Reilly