Re: [NTLK] Cellular modem and phone-to-modem questions

From: Andy Hill <adhill_at_fastmail.co.uk>
Date: Sun May 31 2009 - 16:58:35 EDT

Hi Scott

This is probably not relevant:

I have a Nokio 2110 (old, bulky and featureless), coupled with a nokia
GSM card and cable (card and cable available from JK Sales). This does
work and allowed me to access or send email whilst out and about. I
don't actually use it very often but can attest to it functioning.

I have also tried the Nokia CardPhone 2 with newton drivers downloaded
from Unna but unfortunately I never got this to work but one would
assume it should given that the drivers are available?.

I tried and tried...to get the Newt to dial up a connection via a PICO
card and bluetooth to a mobile phone. The farthest I got was that the
phone started to dial up but the Newt then kept on turning itself off at
this point. I did exchange some email correspondence with Eckhart about
it but never got to resolve it.

What are you thinking of doing??

Thanks

Andy