[NTLK] CNET UK: Newton vs iPhone

Lloyd Conway ssg_conway at fastermac.net
Sat Nov 28 09:27:34 EST 2009

      The article was both funny and interesting, especially for me,
as a Newt Newbie (MP 130 since 7/09).  I have a question:  Does
anybody know of an e-mail program that works with the MP 130?  E-mail
is about all that I need, aside from e-book reader capability, to be
as set as Mr. Glass was in the '90s for road use.  (I've not yet
figured out how to make the Newt work with any of my vintage Macs, in
spite of a working IrDa port and a good serial cable, so adding
software is also a temporary bottleneck.)  My 130 is running 2.0, and
has CIS Mail and E-world already loaded.  I don't want to pay $17.95/
mo. for AOL/CIS to give me an address and dial-up service
(duplicating what I already have, in the latter case.)  Like the
previous writer, I fax with it, using an Apple Newton fax or a serial
Global Village 56K, and prefer it to my 4-in-1 fax/copier/printer/
scanner for that.  I also use a StyleWriter II for printing, and find
it to work fine for all tasks, even page-length letters.
      Any help or advice on the e-mail or data transfer front is
appreciated.  Thank you.
-Lloyd Conway