Re: [NTLK] Courier microsoft

From: Kevin Keith <krfkeith_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Oct 01 2009 - 01:10:33 EDT

Meh, I strongly dislike anything that comes from Apple these days, for both
idealogical and technological reasons. This "courier" device looks much
more appealling than an over-sized iPod Touch, but still not close enough to
a Newt Replacement. As an aside, it drives me crazy about people talking
about reading books on this tablet. Do they not understand what makes the
Kinda, iREX, Sony Reader, etc. special? E-ink! Try reading books on a small
screen for a long time, not fun!
On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 6:55 AM, Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants@yahoo.ca>wrote:

> Let's hope Apple's tablet gives us the world like the Courier looks to
> "pretend" to do.
>
> The fact that Apple is talking to publishers is very exciting regarding
> their "in the works" Tablet.
>
> iTunes... with books too. I just wonder about the stylus... without it
> it's, maybe we will have to use our fingers to circle and mark text, with
> onscreen keyboard for notes.
>
> But the Sylus on the Courier device and on my Sony Reader... those are
> great. I couldn't be without it. Then again, Apple has demonstrated that
> multi-touch on the iPhone does not really need a stylus.

Thanks,
Kevin
Kevin Keith
OLPC Volunteer