Re: [NTLK] Newton Addiction / Dependancy

From: Ken Whitcomb <ken_at_imageguild.com>
Date: Tue Oct 06 2009 - 15:06:00 EDT

This reminds me of the cards that I have on the shelf that allow VGA
or composite out from the Message Pad. They are handy for
presentations to small groups on monitors or TVs, and even to large
groups with a projector. I think that Paul Filmer has used them for
presentations as well, chime in here Paul.
They are, of course, monochrome output, but I recall reading about
some utility or driver that was supposed to allow you to produce some
output in color, giving you the choice of pen color for your stylus
perhaps. There was also a utility that allowed you to export a file
from a .ppt file on a windows pc to a slide-show type file for the MP.
IIRC, you couldn't edit it on the Newton though.
The cards are called EZ-Presenter and make your MP look like a
tethered accessory to whatever is on the other end. It is rather bulky
and does consume some power so I used it with AC power generally, but
especially at that time, would have more people asking about the
technology than your content after the presentation.
Does anyone else out there have one they're still using?
ken