Re: [NTLK] iPhone/Newton Checklist?

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Wed Oct 07 2009 - 02:14:09 EDT

On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 7:55 AM, R A Parker <QuadzillaNET@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Teeny-Tiny buttons suck. T9 sucks. Trying to squeeze a standard form keyboard based on 1870's technology (the Typewriter) into a 2 inch square chicklet button pad... sucks. When compared to handwriting or a full sized keyboard.

Touch-screen keyboards also stink like 3-day old roadkill. I would
rather my Treo thumbboard than the iPhone's. My coworker has an
iPhone, and despite my prolonged efforts to use it, it never works as
well as my Treo did out of the box. Sorry, but for me, at least, the
Treo wins over the iPhone in this one, tiny department.

One other area the Treo wins--openness. I can plop any SIM card into
my Treo, and run. No need to jail break, no need to pay ridiculous
monthly fees, and I can use it wherever I want. And if I want an
unlocked iPhone, I have to pay about a thousand dollars. ouch.

I'll keep waiting... and looking at the Pre and Android. (and I'm
still waiting for very specific-type apps to come to all three. Right
now, what I need is only on Garnet.)

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland