Re: [NTLK] RipOffs Case

From: Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Oct 23 2009 - 21:28:01 EDT

~~~ On 2009/10/23 23:22, James Fraser at
wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk@yahoo.com wrote ~~~

> --- On Fri, 10/23/09, Tony Kan <tonykan@xtra.co.nz> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone still sell a shoulder holster that fits a Newton 2x00?
>
> From what I can make out, the e-Holster folks are the only game in town when
> it comes to a shoulder rig-type arrangement for tech toys.
>
> http://www.eholster.com/
>
> However, I'm still unclear as to whether any of the case options they offer
> will accommodate a Newton or not. Has anyone on the list talked/dealt with
> them?

Originally I favoured a shoulder holster, so I also wondered about this one
when I found the website. But then a few folks here (I think Sonny was one
of them) pointed out that in these post-9/11 days, people like the police
and airport security tend to be a bit nervous, and someone might slip and
forget to find out why I'm wearing a shoulder holster before they react. (I
fly a lot.) I went off the shoulder holster idea pretty fast on the grounds
that something in plain(er) view like a belt holster is easier for someone
to assess before they shoot me, and also might buy me enough time to explain
myself, on the grounds that I'm obviously not trying to conceal anything, so
why not ask me what it is before gunning me down? (Of course, it wouldn't
have saved Jean Charles de Menezes' life, but nothing else would have
either.)

Anyway, I've flown numerous times since I got my holsters, and I've had no
trouble with security either in US or European airports.

That reminds me: another advantage of the belt clip over loops is that it's
so easy to just remove the whole thing and put it into one of those trays
for the X-ray machine (they don't tend to like me just pulling Newt out and
keeping the holster on). I don't fly with a metal belt buckle so they never
make me remove that. On the other side I just pick it up, clip it back on,
and away I go (after putting my shoes back on, putting my laptop back into
my rucksack, and replacing the little baggie of tiny liquid bottles into the
sack, of course).

Like I said earlier, I have to stop myself or I end up sounding like a
RipOff Holster PR-guy.

Shalom.
Christian

łAny sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a Newton.˛
            -- what Arthur C. Clarke meant

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4
(With thanks to Chod Lang)
http://tinyurl.com/29y2dl