Re: [NTLK] StandAlone Software Downloads Bad for Windows?

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Fri Sep 04 2009 - 11:22:44 EDT

On 9/4/2009 9:21 AM, SteveCraft wrote:
> In my case, I don't think it's about using strip or anything else. I have
> downloaded lots of packages in .zip files from lots of places on multiple
> Windoze boxen and have not ever had a problem except with the stuff I got
> from the StandAlone site. I'll try a couple of tools to see what's doin',
> but it's a little strange I never had a problem anywhere until now....

The problem is the packages were made zips using a Mac. When unziped
with anything but Aladdin there is a change that makes NCU not see them
as packages. If you take strip.exe, put it in a folder along with the
package you want to use then drag and drop the package onto the
strip.exe. Then you just install that new package with NCU. It will
work. I have had this problem with many many packages and 99.9% of the
time if fixes the issue.

It is just a old Mac Vs Windows problem, but easily fixed in this case.

-Dan