Re: [NTLK] Newton Works

From: Dana W Cook <dana.w.cook_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Sep 07 2009 - 17:03:01 EDT

clip "Okay, So I've had Newton Works installed for a couple of months
now and I really like the word processor and drawing program but I
can't figure out the graphing calculator on it. I can't even graph 5y
+2=7. Has anyone sucessfully used the Graphing Calculator?"

Yeah, 5y+2=7 is a horizontal line at y = 1

To create a graph of a line that is neither horizontal or vertical,
you will need to include both variables, x and y. For instance, y =
3x +2 or you can go all out and graph a parabola with y=2X^2

As for the graphing portion of newtworks, I cannot tell you as I don't
have it installed. Hope that the short math lesson helps in some way.