Re: [NTLK] No iNewton announced today

From: Aaron Brigati <abrigati_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Sep 11 2009 - 07:15:09 EDT

The only statistics I was able to turn up easily:

Worldwide, 1.15 *billion* cell phones were sold in 2007.

Nokia, despite having a lousy year (in this economy, who isn't?)
shipped 122 million phones in the first quarter of 2009. 18 million
of those were smartphones.

(Actually, I can't find it now, but I read that since so many of
Nokia's cell phones can play mp3s, Nokia actually ships more mp3
players than anyone else.)

Aaron