Re: [NTLK] Streamlining Book Making

From: Andy Hill <adhill_at_fastmail.co.uk>
Date: Mon Sep 14 2009 - 15:54:06 EDT

Hi Majec

I use a freeware program called Irfanview, see here for a link.

http://www.irfanview.net/

This definitely works well with Newton Press by doing the following:

In Irfanview
1. Open image.
2. Image > Convert to Greyscale.
(no need to reduce colour depth as this will automatically convert it to
4 bpp)
3. Image > Resize and adjust pixels to fit nicely on the screen.
4. File > Save as and choose bmp.

Then
Open up your Press document and place the cursor in the right place.
Either click and drag the icon of the image into the Press window and
let go.
OR copy and paste the image.
Voila.

This 100% works, may be give it a try.