Re: [NTLK] [OT] Re: "My Browser's Better'n Your Browser"

From: Bob Carls Dudney <kosmicdollop_at_saber.net>
Date: Fri Sep 18 2009 - 19:43:21 EDT

On 18/9/09, Ed Kummel wrote:

>http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/
>and download the hosts file there
>As long as you're using an OS that uses a hosts file

Haven't a clue, but I take it this is a PC fix

>comment out lines for a site you wish to go to

Rather than have to add each of lotsa sites I want, I'd rather add
wildcards to cover lotsa URLs I don't want -- and I've needed to do
that only couple times with iCab.

>edit the restricted URLs to reject any URL with the word ad, or ads
>or doubleclick or like that

iCab already takes care of those plus dozens of other ad addresses,
and it's easier/safer to edit/add filters than data list.

I assume hostfile fix works for all browsers, which is nice.

If it's the *only* PC fix, however, more sympathy/condolences to PC users!

Heartfelt wishes for better days/ways,