Re: [NTLK] Lifespan if backlight

From: Andy Hill <adhill_at_fastmail.co.uk>
Date: Mon Sep 28 2009 - 15:33:27 EDT

Hi Jeremy,

I second Sonny's view. Just use it man! Turn it on and enjoy the
illumination (and hum)!

See Franks site:

http://www.pda-soft.de/2x00backlightreplacement.html

Which shows a link to Backlight4you.. They are still selling
replacements and I have had one of these fitted on my MP2000 and can
vouch for it.

http://www.backlight4you.com/product_info.php/info/p753_Replacement-Backlight-for-MessagePad-2000-2100.html

Backlights are also available from members of the list, ebay,
knowledgenavigator and sometimes JandK sales.
Furthermore several people on the list are technically capable of doing
the fitting for a modest fee.

For the good of Newtonhood, liberate yourself from this chastity and
turn the blighter on on whenever you like!!

All the best.

Andy