[NTLK] New [Old] Newton Owner

Forrest Buffenmyer anasazi4st at me.com
Wed Apr 7 11:17:45 EDT 2010

On Wednesday, April 07, 2010, at 03:36AM, "Jonathan Schalliol" <jon at schalliol.com> wrote:
>Greetings community!  I thought I'd send a brief introduction.

Welcome, Jon!

You'll need a lot of things--seemingly all at once--to get started. My advice would be to start slowly--as Woody suggested, get the drivers you'll need just to connect the Newt to a Mac (or PC)...NCX is great for installing packages on a Mac running OSX. The Newt will run at 9600bps natively, but there is a patch that will allow 115,200bps. If you get bogged down at this point ask for help, there's a line in Terminal in OSX that you'll enter to "bump up" the NCX speed to match the new speed.

You'll need Eckhart's 2010 patch just to set the date (and keep it set!)...at any point feel free to just ask for any assistance you might need.

That setup you had sounds pretty impressive--in 1995? Geez...I'll bet the inverter was the size of a shoebox, and during operation it was loud and grew too hot to touch!

Thanks,
--Forrest