[NTLK] My newton is dying :-(

Woody Smith woodysmith at comcast.net
Thu Apr 8 00:02:49 EDT 2010

I have seen a dark spot develop on several eMates but the other feature
suggests possible damage. But whatever the cause the cure is likely to
be some replacement of the display.

If one of your cards is linear flash, backup to card.  With the
exception of system patches and a few software packages, you can restore
this to any brain wiped 2100 and it will be like your old one. Swapping
logic board is also a choice.

Woody

On Wed, 2010-04-07 at 22:35 -0300, Andre Garzia wrote:
> Hello Folks,
>
> Been some years since I was last here. Today I picked my newton mp200 and
> noticed a strange blackness on the screen, like a smudge. I've also notice
> an oval form in the middle like it was thin ice on the verge of cracking.
>

> This makes me very sad, I used this machine to write lots of screenplays and
> short stories. Anyone know any connectivity software that will run on Mac OS
> X Snow Leopard. I was to make a backup of it while I can.
>
> Damn... need a new newton.

Yep. but luckily you can reincarnate it.