[NTLK] O.T.   AppleWorks vs. iWork

Andy Taylor andy_otter at ntlworld.com
Tue Apr 20 05:07:23 EDT 2010

what I miss from Apple/Clarisworks is a simple but functioning
database (I'm more than happy with omniGraffle for diagrams and don't
use painting).
I tried Bento1 and gave it up when I found how appallingly
dysfunctional it was. (I note Bento3 is still getting slammed by users
who look beyond the gloss and ask "what can this actually do?")
Oh for a MacOS  database that can manipulate the db's of AddressBook
+iCal+iPhoto (and plays nicely with Time Machine like Mail) that is
good enough to call MacOS software.
I live in hope that Omni take up the challenge as Apple seem quite
happy promoting whatever dross Filemaker put out!