[NTLK] Is NewtonScript/NSBasic worth learning these days?

Matt Howe matthowe at comcast.net
Tue Apr 20 21:47:44 EDT 2010

Actually they are not hard to learn. NSBasic is not as powerful but easier
to use. I have on my website a special terminal to aid in writing NSBasic
software. It boils down to, if you want fast development, use NSBasic, if
you want more power and flexibility use Newton script. NSBasic does have
some provision for calling Newton script. I, personally, learned both but
then I am a professional software developer. YMMV.

Matt (Ducky) Howe
Owner of a MP2000U and an Emate
SantaMatt at Gmail.com (Nokia N770)
matthowe at comcast.net (Desktop)
http://home.comcast.net/~mhowe41/
http://SantaMatt.blogspot.com

PMichael Rodgers wrote:
<snip>
I am no longer in the IT industry, and never really was a programmer.  I
did work with them for many years and did absorb some stuff via
osmosis.  This means I am looking at the question from a non-programmer
point of view.  And a Windows/Unix perspective, no Mac.  Anyway, this is
as much for my info as for a conversation piece.
<snip>