[NTLK] How many Newtons were sold?

Ed Kummel tech_ed at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 27 15:20:03 EDT 2010

It would have never happened....getting Newtons in the quantities listed was just impossible. I have several stories I've documented on this site where I attempted to get thousands of Newtons from Apple to supply to various large organizations and government agencies. Attempts to get them out of Apple directly just resulted in my being told that I would have to go through the Newton stores to get the Newtons I needed. Most Newton stores received a dozen or so Newtons per shipment and my calls to several stores I was told I could only purchase 2 Newtons at a time....go figure...I could have made *SOOO* much money but Apple refused to sell them...It was very disheartening to tell you the truth. And then one day, I was at a Mitre building in Reston VA, discussing multi-path wireless network protocols when my AllPoints card which was plugged into my Newton 2100, received an email on my DTS mailbox. I read the email right there in front of the Mitre person I
 was working with and showed it to him. It was from a Newton store I was subscribed to, and it said that because Apple was killing the Newton, they were closing up shop...Needless to say, that meeting I was in was also cut short. Mitre eventually went Palm..which my company didn't do anything with. Oh well...
Ed
web/gadget guru

By Galactic God in Futurama

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."