[NTLK] setting up my spare

R A Parker RAParker at Newted.ORG
Wed Apr 28 20:27:00 EDT 2010

On Wednesday, April 28, 2010 at 12:54 pm Dr. James Charney wrote:

> So can someone lend me a Y2010 Fix card?

Yes. Send me your mailing address (in a new email - off list) and I'll get a Lending Card off in the mail tomorrow.

> Will the Lender card have the software
> to make my 3com card (3CXE589ET) work?
> If not, what else would I need?

Can't 100% guarantee that. I've never used an ethernet card, so I've never tested what drivers work with what card. But you are likely covered and A.O.K.

Check the readme again and notice what's included in the File Appendix on the bottom.

<http://www.newted.org/raparker/Y2010/readme.html>

Various Driver Downloads
http://unna.org
	3COM 3c589.pkg
	3COM Addon.pkg
	AMB8010.PKG
	ATLAN.pkg
	Netwave.pkg
	Farallon.pkg

You're covered! And, to answer the other nagging question: The Lending Card was made, in the exact order that things need to be installed and restored. Just go down the list and "Put Away" what you need, ignore what you don't... it's that easy!

Personally tested on my own Newton, from a completely brainwiped state.

Ron

--
Sent using Mail V and a Wireless Newton 2100.
--
   |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM