[NTLK] Wifi Appletalk (was: Blah Blah Digest)

R A Parker RAParker at Newted.ORG
Tue Aug 17 03:58:00 EDT 2010

Woody is correct, most routers do not pass AppleTalk packets. There are two possible ways around this. One way, and I only briefly experimented with it, is TCP Serial. I can confirm it does work. It creates a virtual serial port over TCP/IP, running under Mac Classic OS .

This OS 9 Extension can be found on unna.org here:

<http://www.unna.org/unna/macos/tcp-serial-101.hqx>

Another way is to create an adhoc AppleTalk Bridge. This is how I do it. See this PDF here:

<http://www.newted.org/raparker/newton/HOWTO-WirelessAppleTalk.pdf>

--
Sent using Mail V and a Wireless Newton 2100.
--
   |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM