[NTLK] MessagePad 100 connectivity.

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Tue Aug 10 13:30:21 EDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 1:26 PM,  <kameljonathan at gmail.com> wrote:
> For my eMate 300 NOS 2.1, I generally use NCX, an excellent program, on my Intel Mac with a serial adapter. However, I have purchased a MP 100, NOS 1.3,  and I have no idea how to connect to an Intel Mac without Classic Environment! I have the cable and adapter, but the MP runs 1.3, which is not supported by NCX.  I also have a 64-bit Windows 7 machine with a serial adapter, if connecting the MP 100 to that is any easier.

Man, I'm really outside my sphere of competency here, but it may be
that Basilisk II let you run Newton Connection Kit to connect. As far
as I've ever known, only the Newton Connection Kit will work with NOS
1.x. It should be on UNNA, and I couldn't begin to guess where to find
Basilisk II or how to make it work. Sorry.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland