[NTLK] Newton to PowerBook IR connection possible?

Michael Grossman ceratoph at SDF.LONESTAR.ORG
Sat Aug 14 12:09:18 EDT 2010

The program you want is here:

http://web.archive.org/web/20080213111242/http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jerome.vernet/Softs/IrDAPack.sit

I have used it quite a lot on a Lombard powerbook in OS 9.

Until I set up Courrier (which depends on ICVC and nHTTPlib) and a web
server on my main macbook pro, IRDA was the only way I could get packages
into my Newton 2000.

It can be a little flakey, but it is much faster than a serial cable. The
only really annoying thing is that you have to stick the Newton behind
your powerbook to point the IRDA ports at each other.