[NTLK] NCX problem

Don Zahniser dzahniser at rochester.rr.com
Mon Aug 23 13:30:25 EDT 2010

On Aug 23, 2010, at 12:40 PM, Lord Groundhog wrote:

> Until I tried to use the new version.  It crashed almost as soon as I
> clicked on it.  After this happened repeatedly I gave up.
> Fortunately I
> could still use 1.2 so I tried to open it, but now it no longer opens
> either.

Uh-Oh -

I just tried the new version of NCX for the first time.  It launched
for me, but wouldn't connect to my MP2100 via serial.  Upon checking
the preferences, it showed IRDA as the serial connection.  I tried
changing it to the PL2303 open source driver that I've been using
with my generic USB-Serial adapter, and got a crash when I closed the
preference dialog.  I deleted the preference file and tried again.
This time it defaulted to 'modem', and again crashed when I tried to
change it to the PL2303 driver.  I launched NCX again, and tried to
change from 'modem' to IRDA, and got another crash.

Running Mac OS X 10.4.11 on a PowerBook G3 (Pismo).

Anyone need a crash log?  I have a few to spare...

  - Don

--
Don Zahniser