[NTLK] Thinking of giving it all up

Matt Howe matthowe at comcast.net
Wed Dec 1 13:39:06 EST 2010

I'm in much the same area except I am still in the IT arena. But my poor
Newton is getting more beat up by modern devises everyday. All of my
calendars and the like are on the internet now with Google and my Android
syncs up instantly. The Android is smaller, faster, better browser, better
Email, etc. The only time I get my Newton out is to check and old archive or
to take notes at a seminar. It is still the best note taker. But I have
decided to keep it all. The one day per month that I plug it in to keep the
batteries charged plus a small amount of shelf space is a cheap price to pay
to have it ready to go if I need to take notes. Although there are times
that I feel guilty to hold on to something that someone else might really be
looking for. But for now I will keep mine, I can always change my mind
tomorrow.

I should get a bluetooth card for it. Then I could take notes on my 2100 and
dump them to my Android. Hmmm, now there is a thought.

Matt (Ducky) Howe
Owner of a MP2000U and an Emate
SantaMatt at Gmail.com (Nokia N770)
matthowe at comcast.net (Desktop)
http://home.comcast.net/~mhowe41/
http://SantaMatt.blogspot.com

pmiker at copper.net wrote:
<snip>
My wife is against the idea because she knows how much I've enjoyed it over
the years.  But I no longer work in the IT field since the internet bubble
burst a few years back.  Now I have no office, do mostly physical labor, and
deal with a single vendor at work.  Not much need for an organizer these
days and as for other software, my spreadsheets are too complex for
Quickfigure, ebooks are easier on a Kindle, wifi is darn near impossible and
wouldn't be much good given the screen limitations (too dark).

My wife does make an interesting point.  Unlike other hobbies, just about
all monetary expenditures have already taken place.  Other hobbies just keep
on costing. But back to my original problem, why should I keep it if I can't
find a need for it?
Mike

PS. I've followed this list off and on for at least 10 years.
<snip>