[NTLK] HI there! Searching for a FirstFone

Dennis B. Swaney romad at aol.com
Fri Dec 3 22:05:44 EST 2010

On 03/12/10 15:06PST, Grant Hutchinson wrote:

> On Dec 2, 2010, at 4:14 PM, Nate wrote:
>
>> I know you may that that the FirstFone is still avilable, but
>> I modified an eBay URL to search firstfone. see for yourself:
>> http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=firstfone [1]
>
> Nate, that eBay search seems to default to 'firestone' for me.

I believe that eBay thinks that "FirstFone" is a typo for "Firestone" so
it automatically changes the the search to the latter. The same thing
happens if you manually type in the top level eBay address and then do a
search for "FirstFone".

Pretty arrogant programming on eBay's part since there are tons of
uncommon model names for items people want to sell or buy.

--
Sincerely,
Dennis B. Swaney

Newton MP 2100