[NTLK] Thinking of giving it all up

Tony Kan tony.kan at clear.net.nz
Sun Dec 5 17:54:05 EST 2010

Gary

You must live in a humid environment or something.  Sounds like this is a
challenge for Clark "Frank Gruendel" Kent to field.  He's the "go to" man when
it comes to Newton batteries and power systems.  Alternatively just getting
another unit from JK or eBay might be the most convenient solution?

HTH

Cheers

Tony Kan

Christchurch
New Zealand

[snip]
Recently I set aside my MP2100s, after years of daily use. In their
place I carry a smartphone, a T-Mobile myTouch 3G slide. It does mail,
texting, Facebook, Twitter, and the web. But it can't touch the Newton
when it comes to writing.

I would like to use my Newtons more but battery issues get in the way. I
have had repeated problems with corroded battery contacts. When I
finally get one to wake up I have to run though the date/time set
drill.

Have I reached the point where I should take one apart?
[snip]