[NTLK] USB to serial

Lord Groundhog LordGroundhog at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 06:05:10 EST 2010

~~~ On 2010/12/08 03:07, Dennis B. Swaney at romad at aol.com wrote ~~~

>>> This reads like a sneaky bit of spam, doesn't it?
>>>

> It's not. It is an app available for Android and Blackberry phones that
> read email and text messages out loud for handsfree driving. Looks like
> it has an auto-reply feature also.

Thanks for the clarification, Dennis.  I guess this is where I say "Oops!"

All too often, "auto-reply feature" = auto-spam feature.  There are still
people out there whose "vacation reply feature" send out "Joe Blogs is on
holiday until too long from now.  Your e-mail will receive his attention as
soon as he returns" *every* time the lists they belong to send out anything,
because they didn't set it to auto-reply only once.  On a busy list that
gets crazy, quickly.  But at least those replies are about the person, and
don't usually send out software ads.

This thing looked like someone's e-mail service had been hijacked.  My
mistake, eh?

Shalom.
Christian

            -- ref.:  Arthur C. Clarke