[NTLK] Font for www.pda-soft.de

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Fri Dec 17 09:38:05 EST 2010

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 12:12 PM, Lord Groundhog
<LordGroundhog at gmail.com> wrote:
> Personally I like the font you're using.  It's nice and clear.  I'm afraid
> that unlike some here, I'm not a great fan of sans serif fonts.  And for me
> the bold works better.

I guess I might as well throw my hat in the ring as well.... ;-)

There are two issues with fonts--readability and legibility. The
problem you are facing on your site is simple legibility. With the
busy-ish background, and the thin, serif font--worse, in italic--, you
have a real readability issue. In such a situation, sadly, a serif
font works better--and the thicker, the better. If you were to change
to a less busy background, and more contrast, you could get away with
a thin, legible font much easier. And, to be honest, it would look
better than bolding a serif font.

Alternately, you could try using the Georgia font. It's a much more
robust font than Times, but either way, I think you would be happier
with a non-italic font.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland