[NTLK] [ANN] Patch 71J059 - Year 2010 Fix

Forrest Buffenmyer anasazi4st at me.com
Mon Feb 1 03:22:12 EST 2010

Eckhart (after all you've done for the Newton community I feel as if I should address you as "Mr. Koeppen"):

First off, thanks for all you have ALREADY contributed...any new 2010 patch that might be forthcoming, notwithstanding...!

Without defending his comments, I'm pretty sure James just might not fully understand what all is involved with writing a patch to an Operating System, and have it actually work each and every time and flawlessly without some sort of ridiculous song-and-dance required to compensate...like "plug in the unit, pull out the battery, restart, disconnect the adapter, put the battery back in and plug the adapter back in and press down on the power switch--all at the same time--until it restarts successfully.".

Yes, there's a bug...but that's far better than a brick, which is just about what we would have, otherwise.

--Forrest