[NTLK] Two part question

Forrest Buffenmyer anasazi4st at me.com
Wed Feb 3 04:07:25 EST 2010

Short of a good cleaning with canned air or disassembly, you'd be better off just getting another from eBay. I got mine for about $20 USD not too long ago. I use it for longer emails and Instant Messaging--when I do that, which is not often.

It's not always a good idea to take apart a keyboard...a lot of times it works worse when (if) you get it back together properly. Before you give up completely you might consider a last-ditch effort...soak it in warm soapy water for about 15 minutes, gently sloshing it around from time to time. Rinse it VERY well (do the same sloshing thing) in colder water until no soap is evidenced coming from the case. The key here is to let it dry COMPLETELY...like in, DAYS. If you're lucky enough to live in a climate that's warm (not hot) right now, put it in the sun. NO hair dryers or putting it near a heat source, like a warm air outlet. It should dry as naturally as possible.

Good luck....

--Forrest