[NTLK] no writing input in Newton Works

Tony Kan tonykan at xtra.co.nz
Sun Feb 7 01:43:17 EST 2010

Jason

As far as I can tell, Works was not originally intended to support HWR.  Works
was introduced with the NOS 2.x along with an optional external keyboard at the
time.  I think it was thought at the time that for longer documents people would
put aside handwriting in favour of the keyboard.

AFAIR, since then at least a couple of extensions have been written to enable
HWR in Works:  HWR Works is one of them.  The other is Works Better also from
Standalone.

If there are others, then please feel free to chime in.

HTH

Cheers

Tony Kan

Christchurch
New Zealand

[snip]

Hi Jason

You need to install the Works handwriting extention, available on UNNA.

http://www.unna.org/view.php?/applications/NewtonWorks/hwrworks

Andy
[snip]