[NTLK] Help with eMate (been away a while, and...)

Wright, Chris Chris.Wright at harpercollins.co.uk
Wed Feb 10 08:51:10 EST 2010

I had an eMate a while back but sold it because I needed a combination
of money and space (while I kept my OMP and 130). I've just recently
acquired one again and am busy ticking off the things needed to be done
with a 13 year-old bit of kit.

- screen hinge checked and made safe
- battery seems to hold a few hours charge so urgent rebuild not yet
needed
- new firmware (73J186) installed to sort out Y2010 problem
- ATA Support installed plus old 320MB card
- connected to internet with Megahertz 386ET

I have one problem, which is that it intermittently drops power.
Occasionally when hitting a keyboard button, but also sometimes when
inserting/ejecting a card and also when waking from sleep: I get a soft
reset each time (date is reset), sometimes with a pen alignment screen.
I've read PDA-Soft's page on the similar 130 problem and wondered if
it's the same thing? It came to me having had a hard reset, so I presume
the software is nothing to do with it. It may of course be the battery,
but it seems to sit there quite happily switched on - it's been on my
desk, switched on (Sleep is set to 'Never') and downloading via NCU for
the last three hours and the battery monitor is at 43%

Another question - does anyone have a combination of email and browser
software with a small memory footprint that works okay? It needs to be
installed on the internal memory so I can use the LAN card.

Many thanks
Chris
This message is intended only for the use of the individual(s) to which it
is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential.

If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have
received this transmission in error; any review, dissemination,distribution
or copying of this transmission is strictly prohibited.

by reply e-mail and delete this message and all of its  attachments.