[NTLK] Considering this as a 2100 Bag

Lord Groundhog LordGroundhog at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 20:20:34 EST 2010

~~~ On 2010/02/17 21:59, Tony Kan at tonykan at xtra.co.nz wrote ~~~

> ...                           Is there anyone on the list who has bought a
> holster of any sort and can give us some feedback?

You asked for it Tony.

The company is called "RipOff" -- pity; the only thing that's a rip-off is
the name.  The product is nothing short of amazing:  I'd be proud to say I
designed and manufactured such a thing.   The holster you want for a 2100 is
the CO58.  There are 4 combinations of features from which to choose:  with
pockets or without, and with a belt clip or belt loops.

Dimensions are 7-3/4" to 8-1/2" tall x 4-1/2 to 5"" wide x 1" thick.  It
holds my MP2100 snugly but not too tightly to draw easily.

For what it's worth, I started out being very distrustful of belt clips
because of experiences I've had in the past with other holsters.  So my
first purchase was for one of each: one with the clip and one with loops, to
test them both.  I *love* the clip.  It's beautifully and sturdily made,
with a safety device that prevents the holster from slipping off
accidentally, yet it comes off easily if I want to remove it.  That means
it's possible to do things like move it to the most comfortable or
favourable position without having to undo my belt (looks weird especially
in public).  For example, when I ride in a car I can move it to the shoulder
restraint of my seat belt.  I can even take it off when I get home and I
want to lounge on the sofa before dinner.

A last cool thing about the clip:  it means I can carry my Newton even if
I'm wearing trousers (or shorts) that don't have a belt.

As for the version with pockets, they are of uneven size:  the smaller one
will hold a couple of PCMCIA cards, and the larger one is big enough to hold
the power adaptor or a couple of battery packs.  That combination of sizes
makes it very versatile.  Perfect!  And the version without pockets is
slimmer under a jacket.

Holster construction is 400 denier, double-stitched, with light-weight foam
padding.  Closures are velcro and are well attached.  It's a thing of
beauty, and worth more than they charge.  Oh yeah, and the holster is
guaranteed.

Link:
http://www.ripoffs.com/datasheets/co58/co58.html

Or go here to see if there's a nearby dealer (phone first in case the
recession has hit them):
http://www.ripoffs.com/dealers.html

There is one thing.  I found it awkward to order from the website.  Don't
bother.  At the bottom of the page are contact details.  Email them or even
phone them.  Their customer service is exemplary.  I give them an A+ with
honours.  ;-)

OK, I admit it, I'm a fanboy!  But it's for love not money.  I have no
connection to the manufacturers except as a satisfied customer.  A *very*
satisfied customer.

Shalom.
Christian

            -- what Arthur C. Clarke meant